Today’s meeting environment includes planners, leaders, technology companies, hotels, destination management companies, travel management companies, meeting management companies and … the list goes on and on. No wonder we are all struggling with paramount questions such as, “how and why do we develop a strategic meetings management program?” and “how do we work with our suppliers?” We may fail to set a vision, buy the right tools, select the skilled resources and communicate with our stakeholders. Now, you have the opportunity to test your theories and foster a team environment using safe, experiential learning. Bring together your team, leaders, suppliers and engage in this fun, challenging activity.
Experiential Learning cultivates a safe and credible environment where decisions can be tested without retribution and self-discovery can evolve with successes.
The SMM Challenge© addresses the common pitfalls of creating an SMM program while maintaining a busy meeting/event schedule. Participants are placed in circumstances and in roles that may be unfamiliar to them yet occur when leaders, planners and suppliers come together to achieve a common goal.
Teams are immersed into a competitive, challenging and captivating experience to work on a realistic strategic meetings management (SMM) initiative. Their goal is to create the highest scoring SMM program with limited time and resources in a constantly changing environment with roles ever evolving. Participants will experience the benefits of creating the business strategy with key stakeholders, identifying priorities and teaming across multiple business units and with suppliers.
Key Learning Points
- Learn how vision and strategy benefit the end result
- Recognize the value of asking, “What’s Possible?”
- Discover how optimizing resources will improve the success of the program
- Create vision and change
- Build the right teams with the right skills
- Think creatively and develop processes
- Manage and succeed in a matrix, hybrid environment
- Foster communications
- Teams of 2-5 participants; and up to approximately 200 for one session
- Full session – 4 hours
- Selected components – 1-3 hours
- Conference segments of 15-30 minutes
- Custom design available
- Suitable for cross-functional teams, hybrid teams from in-sourced and outsourced organizations, and individual participants
- Ideal for both conference and training settings for corporations, meeting planning companies, meeting technology companies, travel management companies, hotels, destination management companies, other suppliers and associations
Debi Scholar earned her Certified Technical Trainer designation in 1996 when she owned her own training firm. She developed the “SMM Challenge” experiential learning course using her 22 years in the Training and Development industry and her numerous years in the hospitality industry. As a classroom, face-to-face trainer for over 15 years, and a frequent travel and meetings presenter at numerous conferences, she has a natural ability to convey complex knowledge in conversational methods.
Contact me to build this fun and challenging activity into your next meeting.
Thank you for visiting the T&E Plus Blog on expense management, travel management, business meetings, events, incentives, strategic meetings management, entertainment, virtual meetings, tickets, hotels, airlines, ground transportation, T&E policy, plus more...
Debi Scholar, GLP, CMM, CMP, CTE, CTT, Six Sigma Green Belt
- Meetings Management Mover and Shaker as selected by Corporate and Incentive Travel Magazine (2010)
- Top 20 Changemaker who influenced the meetings management industry by Corporate Meetings and Incentives (2008)
- Best Meeting Practitioner as selected by Business Travel News (2007)
The Scholar Consulting Group LLC
Benchmark your Strategic Meetings Management Program: http://www.smmbenchmark.com
Debi has the following designations:
- Wharton Aresty Executive Education/National Business Travel Association (NBTA) Global Leadership Professional (GLP)
- Meeting Professionals International Certificate in Meetings Management (CMM)
- Convention Industry Council Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- NBTA Corporate Travel Expert (CTE)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Chauncey Certified Technical Trainer (CTT)