Communicating your return on investment from your meetings/events is not the same as showing stunning charts and dashboards. In fact, an ROI may look fairly boring compared to your beautiful, colorful charts but, when calculated properly and thoroughly with the right input, it portrays far more information and relevant data than your dashboards will ever show.
There are three different ROI calculations you may want to consider:
1. The ROI of your strategic meetings management program
2. The ROI of your involvement with sourcing and planning meetings/events (the savings and efficiency that you bring to the table)
3. The ROI of the meeting/event including the calculation of the success of the business objective being met by holding the meeting/event
Many people have asked for my ROI presentation and while I present a few different levels of classes with varying degrees of complexity on the subject, I’m including the most basic presentation here.
In addition, you may be interested in viewing this previous T&E Plus post:
And, kudos to Meeting Professionals International for producing this excellent report:
A BIG THANK YOU to all of the meetings and travel leaders who continue to support me through the T&E blog, LinkedIn groups, client engagements and most important, your friendship.
Thank you for visiting the T&E Plus Blog on expense management, travel management, business meetings, events, incentives, strategic meetings management, entertainment, virtual meetings, tickets, hotels, airlines, ground transportation plus more...
Debi Scholar, GLP, CMM, CMP, SSGB, CTE, CTT
• Author, Strategic Meetings Management: The Strategy Quick Reference Guide (2011)
• Co-Author, Strategic Meetings Management Handbook (2011)
• Meetings Management Mover and Shaker as selected by Corporate and Incentive Travel Magazine (2010)
• Top 20 Changemaker who influenced the meetings management industry by Corporate Meetings and Incentives (2008)
• Best Meeting Practitioner as selected by Business Travel News (2007)
*Debi is proud to be a regular contributor to Business Travel Executive Magazine.
*Debi is proud to be one of only seven 2011 Editorial Board members for Hotel Business Review at http://www.hotelexecutive.com/ for Conferences & Meetings.
*Debi created two LinkedIn groups (GBTA SMM and T&E Plus) that now claim over 2,000 worldwide members combined.
Visit me at one of my upcoming speaking engagements; Topics vary per conference
Some sessions include components of SMM Bootcamp© and/or SMM Challenge©
March 1 - VA MPI
April 24 – PCMA NYC
April 26 - EMC Webinar
May 16-17 – FIMP Chairperson - Boston
May 21 - Meetings Tech Expo - Washington DC
June 21 - EMC Webinar
August 23- EMC Webinar
October 25 - EMC Webinar
December 2 - EMC Webinar